Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy belated Mother's Day to all you mothers! One of my favorite bumber stickers is "My Goddess Gave Birth to Your God." Before becoming a mother myself, I, like probably every other mother in history, had no idea how difficult of a job it was going to be TO BE A GOOD mother. No one can be perfect all the time. Is there such a thing as perfection, after all? However, once you take on the role of being a parent, the object of the job is to teach through modeling. With our busy worlds, and often competing roles of worker and mother, the object isn't always in the forefront of our minds. Still, we must not try, but do, and when we fail, instead of behaving like we haven't or could never fail, we must explain to our children and apologize for our imperfections. Most importantly, we must tell the little ones that it isn't their fault, because to a child, everything is about them. That's how they're wired.
My Mother's Day was mostly spent waiting for an interview from Canada, which went very well, I thought. The half hour just flew by. In the next few days it should be up on my website under EVENTS, along with a couple others. If you're interested, check it out: www.gmweger.com
Be well. Be Happy.
G.M. Weger

No comments: