Monday, January 18, 2010

BOTTLED MADNESS

The masks we wear have become so ingrained that we don’t even know that we are wearing them.
Remember Elenor Rigby? Wearing a mask that she keeps in a jar by the door. Who is it for?
The Frida Kahlo painting I dislike the most, and that’s saying a lot because I LOVE Frida, is one called “The Mask.” Hayden Herrera describes it thus: “In The Mask Frida hides behind a weeping purple-haired mask that expresses her feelings of craziness. The disjunction between the masked and the real Frida is more disconcerting than in other self-portraits, because here the real Frida watches us through holes in the mask’s eyes.”

And so, I’ve decided to let you, the reader, watch me, the writer, through your anonymous mask of the Internet, as I unveil, LUPUS: and the emerald witch.
Rules to follow.

No comments: