Sunday, November 29, 2009

LATEST REVISION OF DICKENS' CLASSIC HOLIDAY TALE IS THE BEST YET

This weekend my family and a couple extra kids went to see Dickens'
"A Christmas Carol" in 3D. The one with Jim Carrey as Scrooge. Well, at least his voice. I simply loved it.

When I got home, I pulled out my illustrated copy that was printed in England, and peered at the drawings of various scenes. I'm not entirely certain, but the pictures look an awful lot like in the movie I'd seen a few hours earlier.

I wonder how many times "A Christmas Carol" has been revised. Even I have taken a shot at it, although, at the time I wrote the story (below), I don't recall thinking about Dickens.

So, in honor of Charles Dickens enduring, delightful, and immortal "A Christmas Carol," I'm posting my contemporary-horror version in three parts. Enjoy! G.M. Weger

No comments: